The International Power Invest AG (IPI AG) (its affiliate, associate, and subsidiary companies) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of www.ipi.ag users. Therefore, we ensure a responsible handling and protection of your Personal Data.
We have created this policy to provide you with clear and understandable information regarding our privacy practices when you are accessing or using our website (www.ipi.ag) so that you can make informed choices about the use of your Personal Data by IPI AG.
When accessing other services or applications through our website, please read the specific privacy conditions which may apply to them.
IPI AG reserves the right to update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version online.
When this policy refers to IPI AG, it means IPI AG as the controller of your data, namely the IPI AG subsidiary(s) with which you had, have or will have a business relationship or that otherwise decides which of your data is collected and how it is used). You may obtain a list of IPI AG subsidiaries by visiting the link www.ipi.ag/en/ipi-companies_4.
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
IPI AG collects Personal Data that you provide to us directly when you request information about our services; subscribe to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; make an enquiry through our enquiry forms or carry out a transaction or place an order through our website. This may include:
- Identification and contact data such as name, surname, company, phone number, email, address and country;
- Financial and transactional data such as credit card details;
- Any information that you voluntarily share with us such as feedback, opinions or information provided via any of our enquiry forms.
IPI AG also collects Personal Data automatically when you visit our website. This may include:
- Device information such as IP address, referring website, IPI AG pages your device visited and the time that your device visited our website;
- Internet log information and details, collected through our third parties such as Google Analytics, that does not specifically identify you;
We collect and process Personal Data only if we have a lawful reason to do so IPI AG collects and processes Personal Data only to the extent that either:
(i) a valid and informed consent was given; or
(ii) if it is required by IPI AG legitimate business interests, such as entering into or performing contracts, processing and receiving payments, carrying out contractual obligations and complying with statutory or regulatory commitments.
Any consent given by you to the collection and use of your Personal Data must be given freely and in response to a clear information by IPI AG about the intended use of the data. You can withdraw anytime such consent without undue complications. The date, content and validity of such consent must always be documented.
IPI AG will use your Personal Data for the following different purposes:
- To improve our website with the objective of ensuring that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To send email and communicate with you via email regarding our services and events which may be of interest to you if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- To analyze your use of our website for trend monitoring and promotional purposes.
- To respond to enquiries and comments and provide you with support via communication channels, such as customer or contact center support.
- To keep our website safe and secure and comply with our legal requirements and obligations.
- To perform or finalize any transaction or order which you have placed on IPI AG companies’ websites.
- To set up and manage your user account.
- To share it with IPI AG companies so that they may offer you their products or services.
- For any other new purpose for which we notify you before collecting any Personal Data.
5. SHARE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
IPI AG shares and transfers your Personal Data as described here and only in accordance with all privacy practices and local privacy requirements. We may occasionally share non-personal, anonymized and statistical data with third parties for our own business purposes.
The following are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why:
2. Occasionally, to third party contractors and providers which perform certain functions on behalf of IPI AG, such as such as account creation, quality assurance testing, technical support, email delivery and database management services, analyzing data and processing credit card payments, direct marketing services, and cloud hosting services. These parties only have access to such information as necessary to perform their functions and may not use it for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
3. Occasionally, to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
4. For any reason if, at IPI AG's sole discretion, IPI AG believes it is reasonable to do so, including to satisfy any laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; in the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture or assignment to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Business Principles values or other terms and conditions; or to otherwise protect the IPI AG companies.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
- this is justified for business purposes; and
- safeguards exist to ensure that Personal Data will continue to be protected at a minimum with the same level of protection required in the jurisdiction of origin.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Please keep in mind that in certain cases a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law or to allow IPI AG to pursue its business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreements or resolve any dispute.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
IPI AG follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us in order to prevent unauthorized access, loss or destruction of your Personal Data. These may include:
- Physical safeguards, with locked doors, alarms, security lighting or CCTV, controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing your Personal Data;
- Technology safeguards, like the use of anti-virus and endpoint protection software, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies;
- Organizational safeguards, such like implementing risk assessment procedures, policy training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect your Personal Data.
IPI AG does not seek to collect sensitive Personal Data (also known as special categories of data). If we do so we will always collect the data in accordance with local data privacy requirements. If you choose to provide us with unsolicited sensitive Personal Data, you will be asked to consent to our processing of such data on a case-by-case basis by using a specific express consent form.
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
IPI AG does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are aged under 16, please speak to your parent/guardian to get their permission before you provide any personal information to IPI AG because without this consent, you are not allowed to provide us with your Personal Data. If we learn that we have collected data from a person aged under 16, we reserve the right to delete such data with no prior notification or consent.
11. ACCESS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to ensure that you can exercise your right of access and you can control your data.
IPI AG recognizes your right to:
- Request access to the Personal Data collected on you by IPI AG and the reason for IPI AG having such data;
- Obtain a copy of the Personal Data held on you;
- Request the rectification, restriction or erasure of inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data;
- Withdraw consent given to IPI AG for the collection of your Personal Data at any time, including the right to unsubscribe or to opt out of marketing communications and commercial publications of IPI AG;
- Object to IPI AG legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
All requests shall be addressed via our contact email@example.com or by contacting us in writing as described in the section “contact us”.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org or as described in the section “contact us” or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
12. DATA PROTECTION IMPACT ASSESSMENT
IPI AG conducts Personal Data Impact Assessments to identify risks that the processing of your Personal Data by IPI AG may cause to your privacy rights in order to eliminate or reduce such risks. Such prior Personal Data Impact Assessments will be part of any development of new services or business opportunities and acquisitions by IPI AG.
13. PRIVACY BREACH
IPI AG will inform you promptly of any privacy breach that has compromised your Personal Data and will report such incident to the relevant authorities as required by applicable laws.
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy, please write to us: